If you love rolls and puff pastry, you have to try this puff pastry recipe!
Semel Kladka is a mixture of classic Semla and Kladka. The cake has a nice semolina flavor and a gooey gummy cake texture – it’s a heavenly combination.
Here you will find my favorite recipes for roll cakes that are delicious and easy to make at home!
When fat day comes, it’s always fun to bake rolls or other bread-flavored pastries. Semmelkladdkakan is one of the many fun forms of Semmeln that has become a huge favorite in Sweden.
It’s easy to make and goes well with this recipe.
2 dl whipped cream
- Set the oven to 175 degrees.
- Grease and line a mold with a removable border (diameter approx. 24 cm).
- Grate the almond pulp, grind the cardamom and melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Remove the pan from the plate and add the almond paste and cardamom and mix. Mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix until the ingredients are well combined. Pour the dough into the mold.
- Place in the middle of the oven for about 18-22 minutes (depending on how gooey you want it to be).
- Let it cool for a while at room temperature and then put it in the fridge for a few hours (but preferably overnight).
- Serve with whipped cream and grated cardamom.
In order for the cake to be sticky, it is important that it is slightly floured when you take it out of the oven and let the cake solidify properly in the refrigerator.
If you want a particularly sticky roll cake, take it out of the oven after 18 minutes.
I like my cake sticky so I usually take it out of the oven after about 18-20 minutes. I also prepare the cake the day before serving, because it tastes better the day it freezes properly in the fridge
Semlar has long been popular in Sweden to eat during Fat Day. This is a great tradition, and in recent years bakers have created new variations of the pastry, including the Semmelklad cake.
Semel cladka is a mix of classic semela and sticky cladka. It’s a really nice combination that gives a gooey gooey cake texture and pumpkin flavor.
Unlike the classic bun, the bun cake is very easy to make, which has made it a big favorite in Sweden.
David Norström and André Svensson were the first to make rolls at Grandens Matte in Ystead. They had seen a type of Semalclad cake they wanted to make that was a huge hit with customers.
Can I make the Semalclad cake a day in advance?
Yeah! That’s what I usually do because I think it tastes better when it’s properly set in the fridge.
Take the cake out of the fridge and sprinkle cream on top just before serving.
How long does a roll cake last in the fridge?
I’d say it doesn’t taste as good until a few days after baking. So you can make the cake up to 3 days in advance if you want.
Have you tried my recipe? Please leave a comment!