Want to make a good potato pie? Here is my favorite potato pie with onions, parsley and capers. It is both a delicious and simple recipe that takes about 1.5 hours to prepare at home.
Tips for success with potato pie
Please read these suggestions below before purchasing and browsing the recipe.
Pre-bake the pie crust
To avoid a salty pie base, it is important to pre-bake the pie crust. Press the dough into the pie pan and prick with a fork.
When you knead the pie dough, you prevent air bubbles from forming when you bake the pie in the oven.
Use delicious potatoes
Since the main ingredient of this pie is potatoes, it is important that you choose the potato you like. I always recommend using almond potatoes, new potatoes, or a tasty potato variety like King Edward.
But any potato can be used. Be careful not to overcook the potatoes, as they will cook in the oven.
A good and simple recipe for potato pie. Can be served hot or cold, preferably with a fresh salad and fresh parsley on top.
500 grams of peeled potatoes
150 g of feta cheese
1 yellow onion
1 clove of garlic
0.5 dl of chopped parsley
3 tbsp capers
Plaiting wheat flour:
3 dl wheat flour
100 grams of butter
0.5 tsp of salt
2 tablespoons of cold water
- Peel the potatoes. Put in a pot in water seasoned with salt.
- Boil the potatoes until almost done. It shouldn’t be too hard and it shouldn’t be fully cooked because it’s still cooking in the oven.
- Drain the water and let cool.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Combine the dough ingredients in a food processor. Press into a mold (diameter approx. 25 cm) and prick with a fork.
- Bake the pie crust for 10 minutes. Remove and reduce the heat to 175 degrees.
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic. Fry in oil until it turns translucent and starts to color.
- Slice the potatoes, chop the parsley and crumble the feta cheese. Mix the yolk ingredients together.
- Optional potato, fried onion, parsley, cheese and capers. Pour the egg yolk on top.
- Bake on the middle level of the oven for about 40-45 minutes, until the pie has a nice color on the surface and the filling has congealed.
- Take it out and let it cool down a bit. Serve with a fresh salad and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
You can check the readiness of the pie by shaking the pan lightly. If the filling is firm and not lumpy, the pie is ready.
More potato pie
A potato pie is an edible pie whose main ingredients are potatoes. You can use any kind of potato in this recipe but I recommend using delicious potatoes like Badam Aloo, New Aloo or King Edward Aloo.
Potato pie can be prepared in different ways from different ingredients. Anyway, my recipe adds fresh parsley, honey and capers to give the pie a nice and refreshing taste.
If you don’t like parsley, you can try replacing it with another fresh spice like chives.
More food pie recipes
Have you tried my potato pie recipe? Please leave a comment!