Mushroom Sauce is a nice, creamy and delicious chutney that is very easy to make. Goes well with, for example, fried chicken, pork fillet, steak and ground meat.
Here is my favorite mushroom sauce that only takes 30 minutes to make at home!
Tips for success with mushroom sauce
Before you start the recipe, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are some tips for successful mushroom sauce:
a selection of mushrooms
You can use any mushroom of your choice in this recipe. You can use regular mushrooms, chestnut mushrooms or forest mushrooms.
remove stem or not
Whether you want to remove the mushroom stems or not is a matter of taste.
I like to use as many mushrooms as possible so I don’t waste any, so I usually save the stem when I make mushroom sauce.
selection of funds
I think it works well with meat stock in this recipe, but you can also use mushroom stock if you want to make it completely vegetarian. That would be great too.
Use cornstarch to thicken the sauce
To thicken the sauce, I usually use cornmeal (cornstarch), which I mix with cold water.
A small drop of water is enough for 1 tablespoon. Don’t take too much, you just need to be able to mix so that there are no lumps.
If you don’t have cornstarch at home, you can use mild cornstarch.
A nice and simple recipe for a creamy mushroom sauce that takes only 30 minutes to prepare at home.
Serve with chicken or beef and a fresh salad and potato wedges or raw fried potatoes.
- 200 grams of mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 3 dl of whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of meat broth or mushroom broth
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch + a splash of cold water
- 1 teaspoon of Japanese soy
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- Chop the onion and chop the mushrooms.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms and onions, sprinkle with 1 pinch of salt and sauté for a few minutes.
- Mix in the whipped cream, stock, soy and white pepper. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with a splash of cold water.
- Pour in the sauce, mix and heat until boiling.
- Once the sauce has thickened, it’s ready to serve!
step by step instructions
1. Chop the onion and chop the mushrooms. Heat the butter in a pan and add the onions and mushrooms and 1 pinch of salt.
Fry for a few minutes until the mushrooms soften and the onions become translucent.
2. Mix in the whipped cream, broth, soy and white pepper. Let it boil for about 5 minutes.
3. Mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with a splash of cold water. Pour in the sauce and mix.
Let the syrup boil until it thickens. When the desired consistency is reached, remove it from the plate. serve now!
More about the mushroom sauce
Mushroom Sauce is a nice and delicious sauce made from fresh mushrooms, whipped cream and spices. It’s too creamy for whipped cream and has a distinct mushroom flavor.
You can make the sauce with ordinary mushrooms, forest mushrooms or chestnut mushrooms – it’s a matter of taste.
I like that the sauce is made with the ingredients mentioned above, but you can also add dried spices like thyme and rosemary to change the flavor of the sauce.
What goes well with mushroom sauce?
For example, mushroom sauce is good. Fried chicken, pork tenderloin and steak. Always goes well with baked potatoes, mashed potatoes or raw fried potatoes and with a fresh salad.
Have you tried my recipe? Please leave a comment!