Ground pork is delicious and easy to prepare at home. This recipe takes about 1 hour from start to serving.
Steaks go well with many things, but I like to serve them with potatoes, cream sauce and raw fried lingonberries. In any case, they also go well with other side dishes and sauces.
Tips for success with ground pork patties
Before you start the recipe, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are some tips for success with ground pork steak:
Choice of mustard
I personally like Scanian mustard because I think it tastes good and is a bit thick.
Anyway, if you don’t have Scanian mustard at home, you can use another type of mustard.
a spoonful of butter
In order for the steaks to be really juicy, it is important that you spoon melted butter over them while frying them. It really makes a big difference!
Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes
Another trick to make the steaks a little juicier is to let them rest for a while after frying.
Place on a plate and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
A nice and simple recipe for ground pork steak, which makes 15-16 steaks. The recipe makes 4-6 servings, depending on how many steaks each person eats.
Serve your ground beef steak with potatoes and a nice and delicious sauce!
- 800 grams of ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 dl breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons coarse Scanian mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Japanese soy
- 0.5 tsp of salt
- 2 crores of white pepper
- 1 crm of bicarbonate
- butter for frying
- Combine the eggs, mustard, soy, bicarbonate, salt and white pepper in a bowl.
- Finely chop the onion and put in a bowl with the minced pork and breadcrumbs.
- Pour the mustard mixture into a bowl and mix well until a smooth batter is formed.
- Let the dough stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Shape the steak and place on a plate.
- Put oil in a frying pan and heat on high heat. Fry the steaks so that they get a nice surface on both sides.
- Reduce the heat, add a good knob of butter and fry until the steak is cooked. Pour butter over the steak while frying.
- Place the steak on a plate and cover. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- serve now!
1. Combine the eggs, mustard, soy, bicarbonate, salt and white pepper in a small bowl.
2. Finely chop the onion and put in a bowl with breadcrumbs and ground pork.
3. Pour the egg-mustard mixture into a bowl and mix well by hand. Let the dough rest for 20 minutes.
4. Shape into patties.
5. Heat a little oil in a frying pan on a high flame. Fry the steaks so that they get a good frying surface on both sides. Reduce the flame and fry until they are cooked.
Add a tablespoon of butter and spoon over them while the steaks are frying.
6. Place the steak on a plate and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Add ground pork patties
Ground pork patty is a type of patty made from ground pork. They can be prepared in many different ways, but mine is made with yellow onion, Scanian mustard, Japanese soy, white pepper and salt.
Bicarbonate has also been added to the batter to make the steak juicier.
Add spices to change the flavor of your ground pork steak
You can change the recipe by adding different dry spices. I recommend either thyme or rosemary to give the steak a little extra flavor!
How do I store leftovers?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat 1-2 a day.
What can you serve ground pork steak with?
I personally like to serve my pork steak with boiled potatoes, mashed potatoes, raw fried potatoes or wedges. Cream sauce and raw mixed lingonberries go well with it.
It also goes well with mushroom sauces such as mushroom sauce and cucumber.
More steak recipes
Have you tried my recipe? Please leave a comment!