Macaroni Box, also known as Macaroni Pudding, is a family tradition because it is an easy-to-prepare dish that is loved by young and old alike.
Macaroni boxes can be prepared in different ways. Anyway, the macaroni is made with yellow onion, garlic, bacon, scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese.
Here is my favorite macaroni pudding recipe that only takes an hour to make at home.
Tips for success with macaroni boxes
For this recipe, I recommend using King Eagle brand ideal macarons, not instant macarons.
Anyway, it is possible to make macaroni pudding with instant macaroni, but personally I don’t think it would be as good.
It is important not to overcook the macaroni. Therefore, cook the macaroni 1 minute less than the time indicated on the package.
This is true regardless of the variety you use. Otherwise, the macaroni will overcook as it continues to cook in the oven.
Selection of cheese
You can use any cheese in this recipe, but I recommend an older cheese, as it brings more flavor to the macaroni box.
A mix of cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese is a good combination that I usually use. But just using Cheddar or Parmesan is also fine.
A delicious and simple recipe for Macaroni Box that only takes an hour to prepare at home.
This recipe makes about 4-6 servings, depending on the serving size. Serve as a side dish with a good and fresh salad.
5 DL Ideal Macaron (Golden Eagle)
1 yellow onion
1-2 cloves of garlic
300 grams of bacon
3 dl of milk
1 dl chopped cheddar cheese
1 dl grated parmesan
1 teaspoon of salt
2 crores of black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Boil salted water in a pot.
- Cook the macaroni 1 minute shorter according to the instructions on the package. put in a colander
- Chop the onion, squeeze the garlic and chop the bacon.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat with a drop of butter.
- Fry the bacon with the garlic and onion for a few minutes.
- Mix the macaroni, onion and bacon together in the baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture into the mold over the macaroni.
- Coarsely grate the cheese and sprinkle it over the macaroni.
- Bake on the middle level of the oven for about 30-40 minutes until they are cooked and golden brown.
- Remove and serve immediately.
1. Cook the macaroni. Cut the onion and bacon into small pieces and squeeze the garlic. Sauté the onion, bacon and garlic in a little butter in a pan over medium heat.
2. Mix the egg yolk ingredients (eggs, milk, salt and pepper) together.
3. Mix macaroni and bacon-onion together in a baking dish.
4. Pour over the beaten eggs.
5. Grate the cheese and sprinkle it over the macaroni.
6. Bake on the middle level of the oven for about 30-40 minutes (200 degrees).
7. Remove and serve immediately.
More about Macaroni Box
Macaroni box, also known as macaroni pudding, is a dish made from macaroni, which is cooked in the oven to an oven-proof form.
Common ingredients for this dish include macaroni, onion, scrambled eggs, and cheese. It is also common to add meat such as ground beef, bacon, ham or sausage.
The most common side dishes are salad and ketchup or lingonberry jam.
Macaroni box and pasta gratin. the difference between
Macaroni boxes are always made from macaroni and pasta sauce can be made from any pasta.
If you use macaroni in a pasta gratin, you call it a macaroni box or macaroni pudding, and if you use other pasta in a macaroni box, you call it a pasta gratin.
How long does a box of macaroni last?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. eat the next day.
What can you serve with macaroni pudding?
Macaroni pudding is eaten as a main course and is usually served with ketchup or lingonberry jam. A fresh salad is also suitable as a side dish.
Have you tried my macaroni pudding recipe? Please leave a comment!