Lemon shortbread is probably one of my favorite shortbread. This recipe is made with freshly squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest and white chocolate to achieve a sweet and sour taste.
The cake is good to eat as is, but I like to serve it with whipped cream and powdered sugar.
Success tips for lemon cake
Before you go to the grocery store and start the recipe, read the points below. Here are some tips for success with lemon cake:
use organic lemons
Since you are using lemon peels in this recipe, I recommend buying organic lemons.
Lemons are heavily sprayed, so buy organic to avoid pesticide residue in the cake.
Start with 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
I wrote in the recipe that you should have 3-4 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Anyway, I recommend starting with 3 tablespoons and then taste and add more if you think it’s necessary.
Personally, I like it a little extra sour, so I usually use 4 Tbsp.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes
Depending on the power of your oven, the cake should be in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. I checked on the lemon cake after 15 minutes and it was still very loose when I stirred it a bit so it had to go another 5 minutes.
After 20 minutes it’s still quite loose in the middle, so you can’t eat it right away, it needs to harden in the fridge before serving.
Allow to set in the refrigerator before serving
Regarding sticky rolls, you should always take them out of the oven while they are still sticky in the middle. Then when you put the gooey cake in the fridge, it hardens and becomes very gooey.
Let it stand for at least a few hours, but preferably overnight, so that it has time to harden properly!
A nice and simple recipe for a lemon cake that takes less than an hour to bake.
Allow the cake to set properly in the refrigerator before serving for the best texture.
- 100 grams of butter
- 100 grams of Vichoclad
- 2 eggs
- 2 dl powdered sugar
- 2 dl whole wheat flour
- 3-4 tablespoons of lemon juice (about 1-2 lemons)
- Grated rind of 1 organic lemon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- powdered sugar
- lemon slices
- Set the oven to 175 degrees and grease a pan (diameter approx. 25 cm) with butter.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Take the pot off the plate and add the chocolate (in small pieces, please). Stir until the chocolate melts.
- Grate the peel of 1 lemon (note: only the outer peel, not the white). Squeeze 3-4 tablespoons of lemon juice. Revoke.
- Beat the eggs, powdered sugar and vanilla sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the butter-chocolate mixture, lemon juice and grated lemon peel. wander around
- Sieve the wheat flour little by little and mix into a smooth dough.
- Pour the dough into the mold and bake on the middle level of the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and refrigerate to cool to set.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and lemon slices before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream.
sstep by step instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
2. Chop the white chocolate into small pieces and add to the melted butter. Stir until the chocolate melts. put aside.
3. Grate the peel of 1 organic lemon and squeeze the lemon juice. Revoke.
4. Beat the eggs, powdered sugar and vanilla sugar together in a bowl. Add the butter and chocolate mixture, lemon juice and lemon zest. stir.
5. Sieve the flour little by little.
6. Mix together into a smooth dough.
7. Pour the dough into a greased springform pan.
8. Bake on the middle level of the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Take it out and let it cool for some time.
Store in the fridge and let harden properly before serving.
ci. aboutthrone cake
The lemon cake is a variation of the classic cake. The main difference in the recipes is that you replace the cocoa with white chocolate and add lemon for a sour taste.
You can also make lemon cake without white chocolate, but I don’t think it will be as good. White chocolate gives the cake something extra and adds both flavor and texture.
Can I make the lemon shortbread the day before?
Yeah! It’s perfect to prepare a day in advance so it hardens properly in the fridge.
Just before serving, sprinkle with icing sugar and garnish with a lemon slice.
kladdkaka. More recipes
Have you tried my recipe? Please leave a comment!