Huevos rancheros is a classic Mexican dish served for breakfast or lunch.
This is a vegetarian dish consisting of tortillas, homemade salsa and scrambled eggs.
Sometimes cooked black beans are also added to the recipe, along with various toppings such as avocado and cilantro.
Here are my favorite recipes for huevos rancheros that are delicious and easy to make at home.
A delicious and easy recipe for Huevos Rancheros with homemade salsa.
This recipe makes 2-4 servings depending on whether you serve 1 or 2 tortillas per serving.
2 cloves of garlic
1 yellow onion
1 green chili
1 red chili fruit
3 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of tomato puree
1 teaspoon of salt
1-2 crm red chili (can be left out)
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Peel the black pepper and cut it into small pieces. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces and finely chop the chili. Revoke.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté the onion, garlic and red pepper for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomatoes and peppers. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt, red pepper and tomato puree. Mix well and fry for two minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the eggs. Heat a frying pan with olive oil and fry the eggs in batches.
- Put the eggs on a plate and cover them with foil to keep them warm.
- You can heat a tortilla in the same frying pan.
- Place the tortillas on plates, spread a layer of salsa and top with scrambled eggs, sliced avocado and cilantro.
If you sliced the avocado a little earlier, squeeze some lemon juice over it so it doesn’t brown when exposed.
More About Egg Rancheros
Huevos rancheros are a Mexican dish that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or brunch.
It’s made with tortillas and topped with a homemade salsa made from tomatoes, onions, chilies, and chilies. In addition to salsa, the food is also served with scrambled eggs and sometimes boiled black beans.
Huevos Rancheros translates to “Eggs Ranch-Style” in English. Who invented the dish is unclear today, but the term huevos rancheros dates back to 1901.
There is a similar dish called “huevos divorciados” where two tortillas with egg are served on a plate topped with two different salsa sauces.
Can you add black beans?
Yes, it’s also an excellent ingredient in huevos rancheros. Then wash the beans thoroughly and fry them before mashing them in a single layer on top of the tortilla.
Hur server man huevos rancheros?
Huevos rancheros are eaten for breakfast, usually one or two tortillas on a plate. First, top with a layer of mashed black beans (if using), homemade salsa, and a fried egg.
You can also start by adding eggs and then salsa on top.
You can also add other toppings like avocado and cilantro just before serving. It’s also good topped with fresh pico de gallo.
How to store leftovers?
Keep everything separate. Salsa in an airtight jar in the fridge and tortilla bread in a bread bag.
If you have sliced an avocado, I recommend squeezing freshly squeezed lemon juice over it to prevent it from darkening. Also store the avocado separately in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.
Have you tried my huevos rancheros recipe? Please leave a comment!