Want to make a good chicken pie? Here is my favorite chicken pie with bananas and curry. A flavor combination that goes well with, for example, pies and pizzas.
Tips for Success with Chicken Pie
To be successful with banana and curry chicken pot pie, there are a few things to keep in mind. Read the tips below before you make your purchase and start the recipe:
Pre-bake the pie crust
Avoid a salty pie base by pre-baking the pie crust. Also remember to prick the crust of the pie with a fork before baking in the oven to prevent air bubbles.
Season the chicken with curry
For the best flavor, I recommend frying the chicken pieces in the curry before stuffing them into the pie shell. I’ve tried curry with and without frying, and I have to say that with curry-fried chicken in pies it worked out much better.
use ripe bananas
The pie tastes best if you use ripe (fully yellow) bananas. If they are green, they won’t taste as much and won’t be as sweet.
1 hour 20 minutes
A delicious and simple recipe for chicken pie with banana and curry. The recipe takes about 1.5 hours to cook.
Braiding of wheat flour
3 dl wheat flour
100 grams of butter
0.5 tsp of salt
2 tablespoons of cold water
2 dl whipped cream
2 tl currya
0.5-1 teaspoon of salt
1 crore of black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Put the contents of the pie dough into a food processor. Mix until you get a dough.
- Press the dough into a mold (diameter approx. 25 cm) and prick it with a fork.
- Pre-bake the pie crust in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and immediately reduce the heat to 175 degrees.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a small amount of olive oil until soft. Put in a bowl.
- Fry the chicken on high heat in a small amount of olive oil. Season with 1 tsp curry and fry until a small surface forms.
- Pour into the bowl with the onions and stir (if the chicken became watery in the frying pan, do not add liquid to the bowl with the onions).
- Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- Slice the banana and beat the egg whites together.
- Place the banana slices on top of the pie, then pour over the beaten eggs.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle over the pie. Alternatively, you can put a few extra banana slices on top for decoration.
- Bake on the middle level of the oven for about 35-40 minutes, until it has congealed and acquired a beautiful color.
- Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
If you are not sure if the pie is ready, you can remove the pie pan and shake it lightly. If the filling is “loose”, the pie should be in the oven for a while. If it is firm and not curdled, the pie is ready.
1. Mix the pie dough ingredients together. Press the dough into a pie and prick with a fork. Pre-bake the pie crust in the middle of the oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes.
2. Squeeze the garlic and chop the onion. Fry together in a small amount of olive oil until it becomes transparent. Put in a bowl.
3. Cut the chicken into small pieces and fry in a small amount of olive oil on high heat for two minutes. Season with salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon of curry. Mix with onion.
4. Fill the pie with the chicken and onion mixture.
5. Spread a layer of sliced banana on top.
6. Mix the egg yolk ingredients together.
7. Pour the egg yolk over the pie and sprinkle with grated cheese and a few banana slices for decoration. Bake on the middle level of the oven at 175 degrees for about 35-40 minutes.
More chicken pie
A chicken pie is an edible pie whose main ingredient is chicken. Chicken pie can be made in many different ways with different ingredients, but mine is made with bananas and curry because I think it’s a really good combination of flavors!
In addition to chicken, banana and curry, my recipe also calls for an egg, made with onion, garlic, cheddar cheese and whipped cream, egg, curry, salt and pepper.
More food pie recipes
Have you tried chicken pie with bananas and curry? Please leave a comment!