Caesar salad is a refreshing and delicious dish made with lettuce, juicy chicken and Caesar dressing – topped with parmesan and croutons.
Making your own Caesar salad may sound complicated, but it’s actually not as difficult as you might think. Below is my favorite Caesar salad recipe that takes about an hour to make.
A very good and filling salad that is loved by young and old alike. The salad is suitable for lunch or dinner.
fried pieces of bread
- Start by getting dressed. Mix all ingredients except Parmesan cheese and rapeseed oil into a smooth sauce.
- Carefully pour the oil in a stream while stirring the sauce.
- Add parmesan cheese and a tablespoon at the time of watering until you get the consistency you want. Season with salt and pepper.
- Store the sauce in the refrigerator until serving.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut the crouton into cubes and place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Drizzle olive oil on top and mix by hand.
- Sprinkle some flaky salt on top and put in the oven for a few minutes until the croutons have the consistency you want. I had mine for about 6-7 minutes, which makes slightly soft but crunchy croutons. Take out and let cool.
- Chicken fillet salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the chicken on high heat (a few minutes on each side) until they get a nice frying surface.
- Put the chicken in a baking dish and pour the fat out of the dish.
- Place in the middle of the oven (200 degrees) for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and immediately cover with foil. Let rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut the salad and put it in a bowl. Cut the chicken into pieces and put on top of the salad.
- Sprinkle croutons, parmesan and drizzle with Caesar dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
More about Caesar salad
Caesar salad is a classic Mexican dish modernized with lettuce, chicken, Caesar dressing, croutons and parmesan.
It was created in Tijuana, Mexico in the 1920s by Italian chef Caesar Cardini. He had restaurants in both Mexico and the United States.
The dish is said to have originated on the US National Day “4. July” at its restaurant Caesar in Tijuana’s Hotel Caesar on a stressful day. The kitchen ran out of food, so he made a new dish from the remaining ingredients.
Then they threw together this salad, which quickly became a guest favorite.
The original recipe included romaine lettuce, olive oil, hard-boiled egg, Worcestershire sauce, croutons and parmesan. However, modern Caesar salad recipes are also made with ingredients such as chicken, anchovies and bacon.
Have you tried my recipe? Please leave a comment!