Asparagus pie is one of my favorite pies to make at home. It’s so simple and turns out so incredibly tasty!
In this recipe I use asparagus, bacon, Chevre cheese, honey and egg yolks. It’s a perfect combination that tastes great.
Here is my favorite asparagus pie recipe that takes about 1.5 hours to make at home:
1 hour 30 minutes
A delicious and fresh food pie with the flavors of asparagus, bacon, chevre cheese and honey. It is easy to prepare and is suitable for lunch, dinner or a buffet table.
With this recipe, you get one pie, which is enough for about 4-8 servings (depending on how big you slice it).
Braiding of wheat flour
3 dl wheat flour
100 g butter (sliced)
0.5 tsp of salt
2 tablespoons of cold water
150 grams of bacon
3 Shalot Loka
200 grams of goat cheese
1 large bunch of green asparagus (about 300 grams)
2 dl whipped cream
2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon of salt
0.5 tsp black pepper
Pine nuts for decoration (can be left out)
- Put the ingredients for the pie dough in a food processor and mix until you get a nice dough. If you don’t have a food processor, combine the butter, flour and salt in a bowl. Crush by hand and then add water. Mix into a dough.
- Grease a pie dish (diameter 25 cm) with butter. Press the pie dough out and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees. Pre-bake the pie crust for 10 minutes. Take out and let cool.
- Chop the onion and chop the bacon.
- Slice the asparagus and cut off the top (use for decoration)
- Cut the rest of the asparagus into small pieces.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with a little olive oil. Fry the onion for a minute, then add the bacon and asparagus. Bake for a few minutes and then transfer to the pie pan.
- Cut the chvre cheese into small pieces and put in an even layer in the pie pan. Drizzle with honey.
- Beat the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour over pie.
- Decorate the pie with the piece of asparagus you saved and put it in the middle of the oven for about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove before serving and garnish with pine nuts.
You can shake the mold a little so you know when the pie is ready. If the filling oozes in the middle, the pie should remain inside for a few more minutes.
If the filling does not congeal, it is congealed and ready.
More asparagus pie
Asparagus pie is an edible pie made from egg yolk and asparagus. Making food pies is so much fun that you can easily change them up by using differentingredients and spices.
In this recipe, I use bacon, chevre cheese and honey, which add just the right amount of salt and a slightly sweet taste. I personally consider it a heavenly good combination.
Asparagus pie can be served with a fresh salad for lunch or dinner. It is also ideal for serving at a buffet table or a picnic, as it is good to eat both hot and cold.
How long does an asparagus pie last?
The pie is as good to eat the next day as it is fresh, so it’s a perfect dish the day before.
Store the pie in the refrigerator, preferably covered with foil. Eat 2-3 times a day.
How do you reheat a pie?
You can heat it in the microwave or in the oven on low heat.
More food pie recipes
Have you tried my asparagus pie recipe? Please leave a comment!