Asian noodle salad is one of my favorite dishes. It is quite easy to make and is really tasty and refreshing.
It’s a cold salad with rice noodles, sugar snap peas, carrots, scallions, bean sprouts, crispy tofu, cilantro, peanuts and a lovely Asian dressing.
Here’s my favorite Asian noodle salad with crispy tofu that takes about an hour to make at home.
Nice and fresh salad with noodles, vegetables, tofu, peanuts, coriander and Asian dressing.
The recipe takes about 1 hour to prepare and makes 4 servings.
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon of fish sauce
1 tablespoon of Japanese soy
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 tsp grated ginger (fresh)
0.5 red chili
- Peel the chilies and chop them finely. Put in a blender with the other sauce ingredients. Mix until you get a smooth sauce.
- Coarsely chop the peanuts and remove the coriander leaves. Revoke.
- Wash the vegetables thoroughly.
- Peel the carrot and cut it with a potato peeler. Keep aside in a bowl.
- Cut the green onions and sugar snap peas into strips. Place in a bowl with the carrots.
- Boil water for the noodles. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl or back in the pan to store the pot.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Fry the peas, spring onion, sprouted moong and carrot for a few minutes. Mix with the noodles.
- Pour the sauce over the noodle salad and mix well.
- Combine the cornstarch and salt in a bowl. Cut the tofu into cubes. Mix the tofu into the cornstarch and toss until completely coated.
- Fry the tofu in plenty of olive oil until golden brown and crispy. Sprinkle chili flakes on top and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Put the noodle salad in a bowl. Add crispy tofu, coriander and chopped peanuts on top.
If everyone you’re serving the salad to likes cilantro, you can mix it in with the noodles before serving in a bowl.
Personally, I prefer to use coriander because it tastes good when served. Then all you have to do is mix it yourself before eating.
More on Asian Noodle Salad
Asian noodle salad is a salad made of noodles and Asian flavors. An Asian noodle salad can vary widely and include a variety of vegetables, noodles, spices, sauces, and nuts.
Anyway, in my recipe I use rice noodles, cilantro, peanuts and vegetables like carrots, bean sprouts, scallions and sugar snap peas – which is a great combination.
I add sesame oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, grated ginger and chili to the dressing, which makes the salad taste good and fresh.
Asian noodle salad can be made with raw vegetables, but I think it tastes much better if you saute the vegetables a bit before mixing them into the noodles.
Is this recipe vegetarian?
No, it’s not vegetarian because I use fish sauce in the sauce. If you take the fish sauce out of the recipe, this Asian noodle salad becomes vegetarian.
Can you substitute ingredients for an Asian noodle salad?
Yes, this recipe is so good! You can vary the vegetables and replace the tofu with e.g. chicken.
You should also replace peanuts with cashews.
Have you tried the Asian noodle salad recipe? Please leave a comment!